Name:
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

I am not sure how to describe myself

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ennui

Last time I talked quite well about contemporary art and gave the positive side of the today's artists. I give them credit because they have a huge history of art to compete with, and have to prove themselves far better than their predecessors in order to be one of them in the future.

From my previous blog must have given an impression that wherever you look today, you would find fabulous artistes, who are able to express complex emotions easily. But on the contrary the picture is rather grim.

You would really have to search for such artistes among the dozens of mediocre artistes and maybe even among popular artistes. The irony in this that though we have a lots of artistes today, when you search for quality, the scene is quite empty!

Unfortunately this quality may not always be popular. But fortunately it is the quality which lasts. It is these quality artistes who remain in etched in the minds of people even after many years and go into the history books of art.

4 Comments:

Blogger fuse me said...

I can't believe people spam blogs :-)

November 9, 2005 at 2:48 AM  
Blogger Karthik said...

I feel there are lots of talented artists around.just that most of them aren't famous or well known.

December 28, 2005 at 11:56 PM  
Blogger fuse me said...

If you read my previous blog about the current state of affairs, you will know that I do agree with you. I was talking here about the famous ones.

January 2, 2006 at 5:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good bolg http://cozyvision.com/

September 21, 2012 at 1:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home