Name:
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

I am not sure how to describe myself

Saturday, October 23, 2004

Music and Emotions

Man I am really pissed with this site.. I wrote an entire blog, and these guys made some error while publishing it.. So I have to re-type the whole thing. Non-sense!!! Anyway, I have to write anyway, even though the words may not flow in the same way as before. So, today, I wanted to talk about the emotional aspect of music. Lets see if I can say the same things again.

Music is one those art forms, which does not need the garb of words as against Poetry, Prose or Drama, to appeal to anyone. Just a few sequence of notes of the violin, or few beats of the Drums can either make anyone go over the top with joy or sorrow. However, music blends extremely well with the afore mentioned art forms, besides Dance of course. Dance as we all know is an art form almost totally dependent on music, but Dance gives a totally different embellisment to music which takes it beyond everything in this world.

Personally I prefer music, without words. I prefer to listen to music and interpret it the way I want, rather than how the lyriscist wanted us to interpret. I can feel anything I want, the sea, the couds, see anything I want, warm, cold, soft, rough, I can hear any colour I want fiery crimson, cool blue, and through music I can smell the ripe early morn, the dew on my toungue, and do anything in the world or anything out of this world.

Similarly, music helps me to express anything which cannot be expressed through the framework of words. I can say so many things without saying anything, I can paint the town red without anyone coming to know, or dvelve into the deepest of sorrows. Only those who understand my music will know what I feel deep inside, the inter-twined emotions can run wild with music. I can express anything I want, the volcano, the ice, the flower, the storm, the creeper and also the rock.

Music has been my soulmate for a long time. Anytime I want to be with her, I just have to open my mouth or stum my fingers, and there she is, enjoying every moment with me. But you have to spend time with her for her to be your own. I have to caress her, feel her and live through her. You have to imbibe every nuance of hers, and then you can own own her, still be her slave. Of late however, I am not feeling her to be mine..I dont meet her everyday and so she goes away from me every day. I hope I can be her slave all over again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home